Falling in love
Was gravitation responsible
In any way?
It was there all along
Only that they ‘fell’ in it now.
They had been too rigid and smart
To ‘fall’ into that humble, heavenly pit.
Now, being more flexible,
The pit can hold them.
They have mellowed
So what about their form,
For the time being
They are two jolly good fellows.
That’s all they know,
All they need!
Posted in Blessings, Celebrations, Emotions, Humanity, Life, Miracles, Poetry, Uncategorized
Tagged Falling in love, Gravitation, Love, Poem, Poetry
I am obsessed with honesty –
Excuse me if I sound
It’s a wretched addiction,
An unfair expectation,
And a crazy passion,
An unrequited act.
Should I be so unrelenting?
Need I go mad
When others swerve?
Deeds of dishonesty
Are often left unfurled
Right on my way,
Just for me to see.
It’s a hoax, I fear.
The bull sees red
And goes hysterical!
Why not put an end
To this cruel game?
Let them do it,
But do me a favour –
Make me blind to it!
Joining hands with Arya in her protest against the chauvinistic charlatan(s)!
Simplicity is not leading a very simple life with bountiful wealth and luxury that one can lay hands on, but building no desire to have surplus resources in spite of living in abject penury situations.
Have few desires.”
― Lao Tzu
“Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden and Other Writings
The prescriptions by various political, religious and social leaders in the wake of the Delhi incident have enlightened us, unveiling the mindset of the rapists. And this is how one rapist may speak to you.
Dear sisters and virtuous women,
We are writing this for the sake of all women who wish to safeguard their honour, virginity and life.
You know we don’t rape every woman out there.
- We are very selective.
- We are not barbarians or beasts who pounce upon every woman we come across.
- We have our own criteria, rules, and even scruples.
But before we explain that, you should acquire some insight into the stuff we are made of.
We have strong bodies but our minds are weak and uncontrollable, at times. Of course we are made of sterner stuff. Unfortunately, we lack control over our emotions especially sexual. The moment we set our eyes on the beauty or the contour of a woman we are turned on. So you may be wondering all the women who have been raped were not noted for their beauty. Yes, but we have the power to imagine the beauty even in an ugly one (just like we morph certain pics). Above all, there is no distinction between the pleasures the bodies of the beautiful and ugly ones could offer. So we compromise on external beauty, looks, size, age.
There are a few kinds of women we prefer/choose/must have to rape. It will be beneficial to you so that you can wipe out such traits (1 to 5) from you if you wish to go unharmed and live a peaceful life.
- The bold: There are certain women who never hesitate to blurt out their opinions, claiming that they know a lot, trying to outsmart men. Blame the modern media and the undue amount of education women are receiving these days. Such women can be tamed down only through rape. After that they will realize how fragile and worthless they are. Keep in mind that we have nothing to lose.
- The fearless: These days many women dare to step out of their houses even after nightfall. Isn’t that obviously a challenge to the men folk who monopolize the world at that time? Women are supposed to be afraid of darkness. What business do they have on the streets at night? We know what they expect and we are too happy to administer them what they are asking for.
- The independent: They believe they can survive without the support of men. We just want to prove them wrong. If they start defying men and writing them off as unnecessary, what will be the future of our society? Hope you get our good intentions.
- The lonely: This is a variation of the third group. They don’t mind travelling around alone. What are they trying to convey? “We are not afraid of men”? They definitely need an experience to correct their misconceptions.
- The immoral: (We are not talking about the prostitutes.) Some try to blindly imitate the western culture by using makeup and wearing revealing clothes. We enjoy watching our favourite sexy actresses in such accessories, but what will an ordinary woman have to do with that sort of things? Some move around with their boyfriends at odd hours. Even many of you are against such immoral girls and will be only too happy if we teach them a lesson. And no decent woman would roam about in the street after 6.00 pm. Those who are there don’t mind us using them for our entertainment because that is what they come prepared for.
- The retarded: They are damaged goods, who are not in demand in the marriage market. So what is wrong in using them for our pleasure? They rarely complain. If they have no complaints why should others bother?
- The kids: The kids are pure. They will keep quiet. So if we are not lucky enough to get grown ups sometimes we will have to adjust with the tender ones. (6 and 7 are used usually when we are bereft of chances to satisfy our needs or when they are easily available.)
We are sure you would agree that rape is the best solution to tame down women 1 to 5. Acid attack is effective too, but not as ‘good’ as rape. Our goal is to conserve the family and the patriarchal system in our society. If women start raising their voice the society will soon be headed for its extinction. So sisters, understand this and do follow the given instructions:
Remember, you are too weak to save yourself (from us). You are supposed to be under the protection and at the beck and call of your husband, father, brother or son. We will take good care of you if you are willing to limit yourselves within the constraints of your house. Your desires (food, sex, kids, clothes and ornaments) will all be meted out. Never interfere in our affairs or question our deeds. Never ever demand a trip to the dirty world outside where we will be busy teaching those immoral ones some valuable lessons.
Note: In spite of all these precautions if someone assaults you, chant this mantra: Brother, please let me go. He will immediately melt (thinking of his sister) and comply with your request.
Posted in Child abuse, Daughters, Humanity, Life, Safety, Society, Women, Worries
Tagged Assault, Danger, Delhi, Experience, Girls, Honor, Life, manifesto, rape, Rapist, safety, society, Thoughts, women
(Why do we feel WE are always right? So who are the THEY, who are never right?)
My Country (right or wrong) is always the greatest!
Beyond the borders you keep on conspiring.
My Religion is frequently targeted
You try to affront us with blasphemies.
My Family has inherited all values and knowledge
While you people are unrefined, sticks-in-the-mud.
My Gender (esp. in certain roles) is often ‘manhandled’
You insolently join hands with the offenders.
My own Self is the paradigm of all virtues (incarnated so far)
While you are the embodiment of all evils (fresh from hell)!
See! In the end I am all alone, to run the gauntlet,
The malicious Society constantly picking at me.
Ironically, my country, my religion, my family, my gender –
Nothing ever sticks up for me.
Where do I belong to?
Excuse me! This monotony is sickening,
……. change sides, for a
better different view?
Posted in Humanity, Society, Uncategorized, Worries
Tagged Country, Gender, Humanity, Individual, Patriotism, Religion, Right, Self, Wrong