No one had ever
Thought or said or did so.
for the very first time.
Imagine those looks,
How he might have dithered
When the whole world slammed,
Advised, begged or threatened him –
GIVE UP and act sane!
He has been through the pain of creation,
Only to see his weird baby scoffed at!
What a predicament he’d have been in
When he was damn sure of himself
And could see that rosy light
At the end of the tunnel –
Others, blind yet.
Fed up, he would have cursed
The power that planted the seed
Now too strong to uproot.
Tagged crazy, ostracized,
He envisaged the day
Accolades came his way.
After his lifelong struggle
(Hard up and lost in oblivion)
Was snuffed out by death –
An undistinguished one
Not unusual for
Ahead of their times.
Posted in Honours, Life, Poetry, Society, Uncategorized
Tagged acceptance, appreciation, Life, pioneers, recognition, society, trailblazers
2011 bid good bye to me very gracefully, showering awards upon my blog. When I started blogging I never believed I would ever get nominated for an award. Fortunately I came across many creative and positive minded bloggers whose blogs and comments inspire and motivate me.
I must mention these names: Elyas (A young poet of unique, original thoughts and pertinent words), Searching for the Light (A writer whose words will surely touch your heart) & Judy (A cheerful blogger of many parts – an excellent photographer, artist, and much more).
To them I owe these five award nominations. Thank you, my dear friends, for these gestures of appreciation and affection.
The Versatile Blogger Awards from Elyas and Judy
Candle Lighter Awards from Searching for the Light and Elyas
A second Liebster Blog Award, again from Elyas!
The Rules (The Versatile Blogger)
These are the rules that every nominee must comply with:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
I have picked up the following seven facts about me.
- Dangerously honest. (Dangerous for both you and me!)
- God-fearing, but the God I know is religion-free.
- Lucky in many ways and unlucky in a few.
- Often pessimistic and not ashamed of it. (Contented with the other 31 healthy teeth, can you ignore the pain in one tooth?)
- Hate making and receiving phone calls.
- Prefer silence to noise.
- I will never turn old, I am sure! 🙂
Now my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award. I am sure you too would start regularly visiting these blogs, just like me.
My Liebster blog nominations will soon be made. Congratulations to each one in the list, and once again thanks to the three friends who nominated me – you have made blogging more worthwhile for me!